May 8, 2009

Wellness and happiness

Bhutan has been a leader in quantifying well-being and happiness through the concept of gross national happiness (GNH). In comparison to GNP, GNH places value on physical, mental, and social wellness economic as well as environmental and economic wellness.

Today's sunshiney 60 minute run increased my gross personal happiness by contributing to my physical and mental wellness. I think the latte from the Hudson Cafe helped boost the local economy, which is always nice for overall happiness. When I think of my quality of life, I think of my caring hubby and our ridiculous cat, time spent running and enjoying the great outdoors, and delectable meals. Running definitely is related to my wellness and happiness, and I do hope that everyone finds the activities and places that make them happy.

1 comment:

  1. A valuable post on mental wellness.

    Thanks,
    Karim - Mind Power

    ReplyDelete