May 25, 2009

Just about two months

The marathon's getting closer. With about two months till race day, I've registered for the SF marathon. I've even chosen my race day outfit--my Brooks black and white shorts and new hot pink tank top :> So, far the longest run has been 15.5 miles, but I'll hit 17 miles on Saturday. And today's 7 mile run in North Berkeley was fun and included a blue dragonfly!

I've been enjoying the quality workouts but am aware that it's the long, moderate paced runs that will really get me through the 26.2. In the next couple months, I'll be concentrating on adding miles each week plus stretching, ingesting protein, carbs, and water, and getting plenty of rest. Because you just can't race a race if you're injured or sick or plain ole exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment