September 12, 2009

Neither rain, nor thunder, nor hail shall keep me from training

An oddity arrived in the Bay Area--a thunderstorm that tried to throw a wrench into my training plans.

Despite the rain and storminess, I drove out to Great Highway in SF, and ran up past the Cliff House, then through Golden Gate Park past the De Young Museum (I should check out the Tut exhibit...), hearing some major rumblings 'o' thunder :O I ran back down through the park and out along Ocean Beach. There was some tiny hail at this point. Then ran up Lincoln to Sunset Ave. (site of my infamous fall during SF marathon trainin).

Sheesh- I guess it was quite a tour of the Richmond/Sunset!! All in all, a damp 19.4 miles. Thank goodness for hot showers, cold beers, and delish burgers :P

No comments:

Post a Comment