October 19, 2009

Fall

I noticed an abundance of leaves--of various hues--on the ground this morning, and it even smelled like fall! I really appreciate the way that running gives me the opportunity to experience the seasons and the shifts in weather, its sights and smells.

The SF marathon was my summer marathon, and I devoted the spring and summer to training. And now the NYC marathon will be my fall marathon, and it's terrific to feel the season rolling toward fall. Of course, there is a decent chance that the race day will feel a bit wintery again; getting to run through New York in the fall, winter, spring, or summer weather will rock :)

1 comment:

  1. Taking Violet for walks did the exact same thing for me - gave me the chance to notice and appreciate things I wouldn't have in a car going by so fast.

    NYC marathon is coming up! exciting!

    ReplyDelete