October 22, 2009

10 days

T minus 10 days...Taper madness is rearing its head. In other words, I'm noticing aches in strange parts of my body and simultaneously feel over and under trained OR over and under rested. Go figure. My new favorite hobby is checking the weather in NYC---even though the 10 day forecast is ridiculously unreliable.

For pre-marathon therapy, J and I are going out for burgers and drinks tonight. But the only drug that really, really treats taper madness is running, like 26.2 miles of running. Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. So you're running New York! Awesome! It is very very soon.... :) Good luck!
    I would LOVE to talk with you about coaching. Up front you need to know that I AM A NEWBIE (at coaching). I am RRCA certified as a running coach and I have certifications in swimming too (not that you would care about that as an ultra runner, but you never know... Have you thought about tri?:)Anyway. My email is mary.holtwilson@gmail.com
    Why don't you shoot me an email and tell me what you're looking for in a coach and what you're training for after NY, and we can see if we are a good fit! Thanks for asking! I'm flattered!

    ReplyDelete