August 3, 2009

Sweat therapy

Sometimes I don't wake up on the right side of the bed. Or my brain and glands (iick!) don't secrete enough of the right stuff. In general, I could worry till the cows come home. And, as we don't live on a ranch, that could be a looooong time ;)

Yes, talking is great medicine, and I appreciate the denizens of family and friends who lend me an ear or two. BUT, the best med is running. I set off today for a therapeutic run. About ten strides into the run, I was oh so thankful that I could get out and run. Working my way up the Arroya Ave. hill, I realized that I was working and sweating out my problems, issues, worries, and fears. Yes, I cruised home feeling much, much better.

I want to end with a little note to a dear friend....

Dear Running,


Thank you very much for supplying me with the right dose of happiness and sweet relief from the everyday grind. You rock!

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment