February 16, 2009

Upstream

I told my hubbie that I might melt on today's rainy day run. As our director of household safety & security, he probably should have advised me to bring snorkeling gear! Going up a long and steadily steep uphill, I felt like I was running in a stream (a somewhat similar sensation to our hiking through streams in Denali). Specifically, a stream was flowing down the sidewalk, and I was running upstream, against the current. All around me, I heard the gurgling of water, water, and more--much needed--water.

A positive consequence of the rain and federal holiday---it was very quiet. So quiet that it felt like an east coast snow day, and I imagined parents making french toast and hot chocolate for their kiddos. Meanwhile, I ran and focused on not slipping or sliding!

No comments:

Post a Comment