February 7, 2009

Running down a unicorn

I confess to waffling on whether or not to list the Boston Marathon on my list of races to run. I definitely have not qualified for Boston and am aware that reaching its qualifying time would be quite a stretch for me. Yet, someday, somehow, I want to run down and up the Boston course and have that race's shirt/jacket/gear with the unicorn emblem.

Part of me wishes I could quit angsting over when's the right time to jump in and commit to qualifying, or attempting to qualify. That would mean shifting gears and listening to Yoda: Do, or do not...There is no try. On the other hand, I'm really, really enjoying running and having a lot of fun trying to become a stronger and better runner. Right now I'm going to keep trying but will definitely stay on the lookout for unicorns ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment