- The Avenue of the Giants course was WAY hillier than I'd expected. It was never flat.
- It was hot. I was hot.
- I didn't drink any electrolyte beverages/gatorade/salt tabs.
- I paid too much attention to Garmalade and not enough to how I was feeling.
- My right leg was acting up---something strange popped in my quad around mile 4.
- I'd had a crazed week of data collection leading up to the race.
- I may have over-tapered.
- I may have overtrained by running 18 & 20 milers in February.
*** Please excuse my excuse-making, and I swear that I'll do some peppy and zany bloggin' next week!!!***