October 2, 2010

Long run Saturday

I just realized that I hadn't run over 10 miles in training since mid-August  :O  That makes me feel like today's long run was a serious success. I ran the 12 miler on the Iron Horse Trail and averaged 9:34 pace (with 5 miles at 8:30 pace and 2 miles at sub 8:20 pace)....By the way, a year ago--when I was in revving up for the NYC Marathon-- I ran my long runs at 10:30-10:50 pace.  


I still wonder about my strengths and limitations as a runner.  I am curious whether the marathon or half marathon is my "best" distance.  I know I'd like to try racing 5Ks and 10Ks, and it could be cool to find larger ones with some more hype and schwag ;)  At the same time, I also think another Ultra would be a blast (especially due to the M and Ms at the aid stations!!).  All in all, I think I've progressed as a runner over the past couple of years. More importantly, I've stayed healthy and in adoration of running!



No comments:

Post a Comment